Great Taste Beer
1 day $95 NZD
Calling Craft Beer lovers. Of course you have come to Nelson because it is the Craft Brewing Capital of NZ, right? So you won’t want to miss NZ’s first beer cycling tour.
Identification (NZ Drivers Licence or Passport) required
You will hardly get a sweat up during this easy, super-relaxed ride. Cycling self-guided and following our map, you will have heaps of time to linger and chat along the way. Visit Bays Brewery for a tasting, chat to the brewer and look behind the scenes. Sup a beer at McCashins Brewery, Kitchen and Bar and relax over lunch at one of the tasty places along the trail. You can also visit Pic’s Peanut Butter factory (Mon – Fri), Speights Ale House & Eddyline Brewery. For those wanting a bit of extra style, our single speed cruisers will put a smile on your face. At the end of the day, you just need to follow the trail back to The Gentle Cycling Company for the 5pm shuttle back to Nelson.
What’s the route like?
- Distance approximately 16 km. Flat & urban, mostly on a cycle trail
- Door-to-door return shuttle. Depart Nelson city 10.30am, return 5.15pm
- Full day bike hire, helmet, souvenir map, emergency wet weather support
- Tasting at Bays Brewery (we make the booking for you)
- Afternoon tea / beer at McCashins Brewery, Kitchen & Bar