Great Taste Wine
1 day $95 NZD
Explore the wine country of Nelson with our wine tour by bike. Take a day to cycle in a flat, rural landscape among vineyards, apple orchards and farms. Ride self-guided following our map – there are six wineries nearby. Not all are open every day. A wine cyclist transfer from our base to the village of Brightwater is included with this package, making it easy to go further and see more. And emergency support is included too. Available 20 October 2018 to 21 April 2019
Identification (NZ Drivers Licence or Passport) required
A great advantage of this trip is our wine cyclist transfer, taking you and your bikes to the village of Brightwater to start your cycling. A door-to-door return shuttle from Nelson city to our base is also available. Your day will start with a 9am briefing, when we will explain your route and the location of the wineries and other tasty places you can visit. Not all the wineries are open every day. Arriving at Brightwater, you could cycle further on the trail to the village of Wakefield (16km return). For a gentler trip, relax a little before starting the ride from Brightwater back to base through the wine country (around 24km, approximately 2 hours of biking). Wine-tastings at the vineyards cost around $5 for 3 tastes. Also on the wine tour route are cafes, a cheese shop, two craft breweries and a berry garden (seasonal) with real fruit ice creams. Afternoon tea at a stylish brewery café is included in this package, so you can relax at the end of the day before cycling the short distance back to our base for the 5pm shuttle back to Nelson.
What’s the route like?
- Between 24 and 40 km (you choose). Flat. Mostly on off-road cycle trail. Some on-road cycling.
- Full day bike hire, helmet & map. To reserve a 24 speed bike please request when booking
- Wine cyclist transfer from our base to Brightwater
- Drink & snack at McCashins Kitchen Brewery & Bar
- Emergency vehicle support including wet weather bail out
- Optional: Door-to-door return city shuttle. Depart Nelson city between 8.30 & 8.50 am, return 5.15 pm
- Trip available from 20 October 2018 to 21 April 2019