Welcome to The Gentle Cycling Company, in Nelson, New Zealand. We’re here to help you with bike hire and all your cycling needs on and around our new Great Taste Cycle Trail.
Nelson is famous for its art and heritage, great wine, craft beers, artisan food and gorgeous landscapes. And the weather is great here too, we‘re the sunshine capital of NZ! Here at The Gentle Cycling Company we think a bike is the perfect way to
Whether you want to cycle for half a day or a few days, it’s all here in Nelson – the arty, tasty,
Craft Brewing Capital of New Zealand.
The Gentle Cycling Company was launched in 2009 by Rose, a keen gentle cyclist and designer. It is based 9 kms south of Nelson city in the suburb of Stoke – not far from Nelson airport. We are just a paddock away from the Great Taste Cycle Trail and two paddocks away from the famous McCashins Brewery Café. We have a selection of 7 speed and 21 speed comfort bikes, classic vintage bikes and kids bikes. We also have a shuttle service so we can drop off and pick up our cyclists anywhere along the Great Taste Trail.
See us on Google maps
WAYS TO CYCLE:
- Explore the wineries and breweries on the new, off-road Great Taste Cycle Trail. Choose a half-day, full-day or multi-day itinerary
- Come with us on our popular Guided City Ride for 1 ½ hours of art, architecture, history and heritage
- Hire a bike for a Freedom Hire from our base, on the edge of wine country and beer country, just 9km from Nelson city
- Cycle in the heart of beer country on our famous Moutere Beer Country Ride
- Contact us to organise a special ride, customised for your group
- Contact us for information on our wholesale products
WHEN TO CYCLE:
We are open for cycling 7 days from 1 September - 30 April. As we are not always at our base, please phone first to avoid disappointment. During our off-season we are available on demand, just get in touch.
View the video made in early 2012 by visitors Russ and Laura. Follow their arrival in Nelson, where they stop off at a local craft beer pub, visit The Gentle Cycling Company, gather shellfish at Rabbit Island beach and ride the cyclist’s ferry.